As we respond to the impact of COVID-19 on our operations, we realized from managing safety of our workforce to capitalizing on available relief, our community has plenty to work through during the pandemic and the subsequent recovery. Complications and setbacks might keep coming, too, as companies struggling financially now might delay major construction projects going forward. We are here to share tools and resources to create the appropriate workflow and response depending on how your business and operations are impacted. Together we can safely look ahead.
Since the pandemic’s onset, RPG has created a COVID Response Team to guide ourselves, our clients, our partners and our community through this difficult time. The team, which includes our President, Vice President, and members of our leadership team, focuses on these critical components: safety and security, information gathering, strategy, operations, and finance. This purpose of this team is to develop new solutions and tools and define safety protocols that adhere to the recommendations and orders of the CDC, state, and Federal jurisdictions. Our goal is to provide the knowledge and ability to allow everyone to continue to work safely.
RPG quickly revised our onsite and project security and safety protocols to ensure our frontline workers can perform in a safe environment. Our guidelines are based on the following project mandates:
- Enforcing the six-foot rule is critical to personal safety on our sites. We’re taking aggressive steps to ensure this standard is upheld by reducing jobsite density whenever possible. Jobsites are instituting shift work, staggering start times, rotating project teams, holding essential meetings outdoors, and increasing the size of break areas. RPG has provided digital displays and mobile jobsites at all locations, both permanent and temporary, to ensure all information is viewable by all employees without breaking the six-foot rule.
- Every RPG project has established mandatory screening checkpoints with a Temperature Scanning Kiosk where employees are required to answer a series of questions to identify the potential risk of exposure and pass a temperature screening. Results are safely secured and analyzed by pertinent personnel to ensure all trends and at-risk jobsites are accurately tracked.
- RPG has designed and produced special COVID-19 signage to communicate standards and protocols in both English and Spanish.
- Our standard security and safety protocols require a face covering and high visibility safety vest and/or jacket, and hard hat at all times when on an RPG project site. In addition, each employee has access to hand sanitizer and medical gloves.
- We’ve enhanced our standards for cleaning our offices and vehicles. Restrooms are disinfected frequently.
In times of crisis, nothing is more critical than the safety of our community and good communication. Below are communication channels and security and safety solutions to foster a collaborative and safe environment.
Digital Signage & Mobile Jobsites
Digital Signage and Mobile Jobsites have always been an integral part of communication whether in the office or on a jobsite, but now more than ever we are relying on them to share information while adhering to new safety regulations. The Construction sector has an variety of uses for Digital Signage.
Whether it be delivering live information about site safety boards that change automatically depending on weather conditions, or setting up a new or temporary office, here a few options to communicate effectively with your team no matter where you are working. All are available for rent, lease or sale.
- RPG PlanView™ Plan Table: Whether you’re looking to annotate existing plans, create new plans or review documents, spreadsheets and more, the RPG PlanView™ Plan Table can help you get the job done quickly and efficiently.This multifunctional, mobile, electronic plan table allows you to: work in AutoCAD and other commonly used industry programs, email plans and documents directly from the Plan Table, gain a 3D, interactive perspective of your plans, easily move your plans and data from room to room, and work solo or in groups by adjusting the height or adding tilt, all at the touch of a button.
- RPG BIMbox: The RPG BIMbox is a mobile, secure, collaborative jobsite. A step above the traditional job site protection device, the RPG BIMbox provides a highly mobile job site connectivity solution, empowering productivity and digital collaboration.
Temperature Scanning Kiosks
The Temperature Scanning Kiosk features check-in and temperature verification capabilities. The solution can also be programmed for facial identification, with users easily added in a few short clicks. Designed to help protect the health and safety of both employees and guests by preventing anyone with a temperature from entering a facility. Alarms can be added to sound when those above the temperature threshold and those with access attempt to enter.
- Freestanding & Countertop Options
- Digital Signage Integration
- Supports Detection & Tracking of Multiple People at the Same Time
- Facial Recognition Library up to 30,000 People
- Battery Powered Available
- Temperature Accuracy ≤ ± 0.5°C
- Temperature Range 10°C – 42°C
COVID-19 Jobsite Signage
Dedicated to you and your team’s safety, RPG is providing free jobsite signage. RPG will provide up to 5 General COVID-19 FAQ signs. Simply fill out the form and we’ll handle the rest.
Interested in other options? No problem. Simply give us a call at 800-521-6319 to order an assortment of your choice. All sings are available in English or Spanish. Other options include:
- Social Distancing Signage: The sign reminds everyone on the jobsite to respect the 6-foot social distancing rule while working and interacting.
- Jobsite Entry Checkpoints: Signage includes “Authorized Personnel Only”, “Do Not Enter if Sick”, and a list of screening questions each person must answer prior to entering the jobsite.
- Face Coverings Required: “Face Mask Required” signage and instructions on how to properly fit and wear face coverings.