We’ve all heard the saying that “a picture is worth a thousand words”, but in construction this is doubly true. The extent to which we’ve come to rely on various scanning processes in construction is quite large. If anything, 3D scanning and measurement has become an integral part of architecture, engineering, and construction.
This is hardly surprising. Construction scanning services can save you hundreds of hours on planning time, misspent labor, and rework.
At RPG our trained personnel and licensed pilots understand the importance of accurate data collection, and offer both drone data capture and 3D scanning services. Our reality capture specialists have worked on a wide range of projects. From historic preservation and renovation, to new construction and building inspections – we’ve tackled it! Our scanning services are an ideal 3D as-built documentation solution for any building project’s needs.
3D Laser Scanning
3D Laser Scanning
Scanning technologies have revolutionized, and are still revolutionizing the way we work. Civil construction professionals globally are taking advantage of jobsite scanning tools such as drone data capture and 3D laser scanning. Because not only are these methods faster than traditional survey methods, but cheaper too.
For a more detailed look inside your project, 3D laser scanning can give you millimeter accuracy data on pretty much everything. This allows you to visualize and check the build against the design and make corrections as you go, thus avoiding significant time and cost!
Our 3D scanning specialists will determine which scanner best suits your project’s needs. We have the Leica BLK360, Leica RTC360, Leica ScanStation P-Series, Integration with Autodesk Tools including BIM 360, Bluebeam Extreme, and Cloud-based Software at our fingertips.
- On-site 3D scanning of your site that is virtually unlimited in size and environment including broad daylight, the dark of night, indoors, and outdoors
- Receive complete documentation of existing as-built conditions
- Obtain permanent records for immediate or future uses
- Save time and cost by reducing your time with cameras and measurement devices
- Increase safety in unsafe locations
- 3D scan and replicate sites and ornate details
- Verify architecture of floors, walls, buildings & more – great for the AEC/AEP world!
3D Laser Scanning Services Deliver:
- 3D CAD Models
- BIM Integration
- As-built Documentation
- Fly-through and presentation capabilities
- More accuracy than photos or video alone
- Point Cloud Data
- Elevation Drawings
- Plan View Drawings
Drone Data Capture
Drone Data Capture
Drone data capture is perfect for providing the ‘Big Picture’ of what is going on at a site. It allows onsite teams to generate cut and fill maps, track progress against the design, and take measurements. Drone data capture is safe for both operators and residents, and 60% cheaper than conventional survey methods! Images are high resolution and can be integrated into any enterprise GIS platform.
Our licensed pilots will evaluate your project specifications and determine which drone best suits your project. We have the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Drone, 3DR Site Scan UAV with Sony R10C, 3DR Site Scan, and more to integrate into your project.
- UAV flights provide eyes that can reach and hover above specific sites
- Equipped with sensors, they can measure, transmit and store data – quickly!
- Data can be used to produce or update topographic and hydrographic maps, volumetric calculations for stockpiles, and flood insurance maps, and more
- Overhead perspective and 360° panoramas relay a real-time scenario
- Images are high resolution and serve a variety of users (and can be integrated into any enterprise GIS platform).
- Drones present no safety risk for the operator and eliminates risks to ground and air personnel
- Estimated 60% cost savings over conventional survey techniques
- Employ affordable orthophotography update projects, by flying and updating only the areas where change has likely occurred rather than a costly update project that covers an entire region, territory, or county.
Drone Data Capture Services Deliver:
- Terrain Models
- 3D Models
If you would like more information about our construction scanning services, feel free to call us at (800) 521-6319. Alternatively, fill out our contact form to request an RPG 3D scanning specialist to assist with your project’s needs.
Looking to rent or purchase construction scanning tools? Why not check out our eStore products? Check out our Leica BLK360, Leica RTC360, DJI Phantom 4 Pro, and more, available to rent or buy!