We’ve all heard the saying that “a picture is worth a thousand words”. This is certainly true in construction. The extent to which we’ve come to rely on various construction scanning processes is quite large. If anything, 3D scanning and measurement has become an integral part of architecture, engineering, and construction.
This is hardly surprising. Construction scanning services can save you hundreds of hours on planning, misspent labor, and rework.
At RPG our trained personnel and licensed pilots understand the importance of accurate data collection. Therefore, we offer both drone data capture and 3D scanning services. Our reality capture specialists have worked on a wide range of projects. From historic preservation and renovation, to new construction and building inspections – we’ve tackled it! Our scanning services are an ideal 3D as-built documentation solution for any building project’s needs.
3D Laser Scanning
3D Laser Scanning
Scanning technologies are revolutionizing the way we work. Civil construction professionals are taking advantage of jobsite scanning tools, such as drone data capture and 3D laser scanning. Because not only are these methods faster than traditional survey methods, but above all, cheaper too.
Furthermore, you can take a more detailed look inside your project. 3D laser scanning can give you millimeter accuracy data on pretty much everything. This allows you to visualize and check the build against the design. Therefore, allowing to make corrections as you go, thus avoiding significant time and cost!
Our 3D scanning specialists will determine which scanner best suits your project’s needs. We have a fleet of scanners including the Leica BLK360, Leica RTC360 and Leica ScanStation P-Series. Integration with Autodesk Tools including BIM 360, Bluebeam Extreme, and Cloud-based Software, ensures we can provide the desired deliverable.
- On-site 3D scanning of your site that is virtually unlimited in size and environment
- We can scan in broad daylight, the dark of night, indoors, outdoors, almost anywhere
- Receive complete documentation of existing as-built conditions
- Obtain permanent records for immediate or future use
- Save hours and cost by reducing your time with cameras and measurement devices
- Increase safety in hazardous locations
- 3D scan and replicate ornate sites and details
- Verify architecture of floors, walls, buildings and more – great for the AEC/AEP world!
Our process is easy and straightforward.
- Scan (Data Collection & Documentation): We use state-of-the-art reality-capture techniques to collect spatial data that is accurate and detailed.
- Extract (Data Extraction & Modeling): Depending on the needs of the client, architectural, structural, electrical, and HVAC components can be extracted and modeled from the data. Models are developed in Autodesk Revit and can be delivered in a variety of formats.
- Deliver (Data Export): Prologue can provide deliverables in several formats to best suit the needs of the client. Typical formats include coordinated Revit models, CAD drawings, orthophotos and web-shared hosted point clouds.
- Maintain (Data Storage & Maintenance): We provide the tools and accessibility your team needs to collaborate effectively, throughout the life-cycle of the project. We store your big data safely and securely and are ready to add to it whenever you are.
Drone Data Capture
Drone Data Capture
RPG can provide the ‘Big Picture’ of what is going on at a site. Likewise, we want to share that picture with you. Drone date allows onsite teams to generate cut and fill maps, track progress against the design, and take measurements. Drone data capture is safe for both operators and residents. Even more, it’s 60% cheaper than conventional survey methods! Images are high resolution and can be integrated into any enterprise GIS platform.
Our licensed pilots will evaluate your project specifications and determine which drone best suits your project. We have the DJI Phantom 4 Pro, 3DR Site Scan, and more to integrate into your project.
- UAV flights provide eyes that can reach and hover above specific sites
- Equipped with sensors, they can measure, transmit and store data – quickly!
- Produce or update topographic and hydrographic maps, volumetric calculations for stockpiles, and flood insurance maps, and more
- Overhead perspective and 360° panoramas relay real-time scenarios
- Images are high resolution and serve a variety of users and can be integrated into any enterprise GIS platform
- Drones present no safety risks for the operator and eliminates danger to ground and air personnel
- Employ affordable orthophotography update projects, by flying and updating only the areas where change has likely occurred instead of a costly update project that covers an entire area
- Above all, estimated 60% cost savings over conventional survey techniques
Drone Data Capture Services Deliver:
- Terrain Models
- 3D Models
If you would like more information about our construction scanning services, call us at (800) 521-6319. Likewise, you can fill out our contact form to request an RPG 3D scanning specialist to assist with your project’s needs. You can also complete the laser scanning request form to receive a quote.
Looking to rent or purchase construction scanning tools? Why not check out our eStore products? Also, check out our Leica BLK360, Leica RTC360, DJI Phantom 4 Pro, and more. All are available to rent or buy!