WideTEK 12: A3+ Color Flatbed Scanner
The WideTEK 12 is available for applications where A3+ is large enough but fast scanning speed and high optical resolution is required. The scanner needs less than three seconds to scan the largest format of 12.5″ x 18.5″ in normal mode at 30 0dpi and only 12 seconds in 3D mode at 600 dpi, twice as fast as the closest competition. It comes with a built-in 64 bit Linux PC running on an Intel i3 quad core processor and 8GB of memory.
WideTEK 12 delivers high resolution color, black and white or grayscale images in JPEG, TIFF, PDF and most other standard image output formats. It combines production ready design and uniquely compact dimensions in a new class of professional but affordable scanners.
Big Features with a Tiny Footprint
The WideTEK 12 is only 17.4″ wide, slightly more than its scanning area. Although it has a tiny footprint, it still scans 19% more surface area than DIN/ISO A3 but is small enough to fit on any desktop.
WideTEK 12 and WideTEK 25 are the only wide format flatbed scanners which also capture 3D surfaces in a quality suitable for inspection and quality control but compact enough for your desktop. The 3D scanning mode opens many new opportunities in the web presentation, printing and industrial inspection markets by capturing the texture of surfaces so perfectly that the scan on a screen looks like the real object.
The WideTEK 12 utilizes two LED lamps, twice as many as the competition. With the diffusors, these lamps produce an extremely homogeneous illumination which eliminates all unwanted shadows caused by folds, wrinkles and other distortions of the scanned object.
The scanner can be operated with the lid down if wrinkled or thin documents are scanned but it also works with the lid open. Automatic crop & deskew works perfectly in both directions, eliminating the cumbersome need of other scanners to align documents to any edges or markers.
Working with the WideTEK 12 is simple – either with a standard web browser, the built in touchscreen or a mobile device.
• 12.5″ x 18.5″ or ISO/DIN A3+ scan of full document bed in less than 3 seconds
• 36 bit color depth
• Captures 3D surfaces, textures of various materials, Braille print
• 1200 x 1200 dpi scanner resolution
• Small footprint but scans 19% more surface area than A3
• 17.4″ width, only slightly more than scanning area
• Automatic crop & deskew
• On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates post-processing
• Real time display of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
• Scan2USB – Walk up Scanning to any USB device
• Scan2Print – Output to any connected printer
• Scan2Network – Output to any network drive
• Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, Multipage PDF
• Scan2Pad – Operation via tablet, smartphone or other mobile device
• Wide color gamut: supports sRGB, Adobe RGB and native RGB
• Integrated 64 bit Linux, Intel i3 quad core processor, 8 GB memory
• Dual LED illumination with new diffusors for optimal results, no warm up, IR-/UV-free
• Large color WVGA touchscreen for simplified operation
• User interface configurable in your language
• OS independent, runs with Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux, Mac
• ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
• Integrated walk up scanning software
• Easy installation via Scan2Net Technology
• Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
• Firmware updates via web interface
• Dust-free camera technology
• Scanning maps, color posters, display graphics, artwork, photographs
• Scanning newspapers, periodicals, catalogs and magazines
• Scanning drafts and advertising on paper board, photos, fabrics, tiles
• Bound and stapled documents like contracts, accounts and documentation
• Surface inspection, print output control Braille control
• Capture 3D textures of fabrics, tiles, stone, flooring etc. for catalogs and the web