WideTEK 44 Scanner: Quiet and Compact
The redesigned WideTEK 44 Scanner with its large color touchscreen scans documents up to 44″ wide astonishingly fast. Bright white LED illumination ensures long lifetime and best scan results.
Gentle Scanning of Historical and Fragile Documents
The WideTEK 44 Scanner gently scans due to special transport rollers that serve as pressure points ensuring safe document transport. For historical and fragile documents, this is critical.
The new background drum does not touch the glass plate at any time, avoiding scratches and document skews. For extra contrast on sepias and film based documents, the standard black background drum can be easily exchanged with a white drum, with no tools required.\
Automatic document size recognition means that operators are flexible when feeding a source document into the scanner. It is not necessary to exactly center the document on the scan area. With crop and deskew, the resulting image output will be straight, centered and without black borders.
State of the art illumination using bright white LEDs guarantees long lifetime and a low cost of ownership, since there are practically no consumables necessary over the life of the product. Cutting edge camera technology, with a dust-protected, fully sealed camera box holding CCD systems that use a patented stitching procedure, delivers a scanner resolution of up to 1200 dpi optical.
The user operates the scanner either with a standard internet browser or alternatively, via the built-in touchscreen. A monitor directly connected to the scanner can be used for image control or to modify the scan parameters, without a client PC. Using the touchscreen display, up to 30 different password protected jobs can be defined and stored. The jobs contain pre-configured settings such as scan parameters or directories on the network drives.
Easy to use walk up scanning or mobile scanning with Scan2PAD
Scan2Pad lets you control the WideTEK 44CL using a tablet or even a smartphone.
The exceptionally high scanning speed, dust-protected and encapsulated optical components and the absence of consumables characterize this highly efficient production-ready device. With a life expectancy of over one million scans, the WideTEK 44 redefines the price/performance ratio in the wide format scanner market.
• Scans up to 44″ in width
• Fastest color scanning at 12″ per second
• BW scan speed: Same as 24 bit color
• 1200 x 1200 dpi scanner resolution
• Automatic crop & deskew
• On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates post-processing
• Face up scanning (no more “blind”scanning)
• Real time display of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
• Standalone device with its own integrated PC
• Scan2USB – Walk up Scanning to any USB device
• Scan2Print – Output to any connected printer or hot folder
• Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, Multipage PDF
• Scan2Network – Output to any network drive
• Dual LED lamps with natural light diffusor, no warm up, IR/UV free
• Large WVGA color touchscreen for simplified operation
• User interface configurable in your language
• Virus resistant Linux OS
• OS independent, runs with Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux, Mac
• ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
• Integrated walk up scanning software
• Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
• Firmware updates via web interface
• Dust-free camera technology
• Floor stand not included
• Scan maps, color posters, display graphics, artwork
• Scan engineering and architectural CAD drawings
• Archive all large format documents including blueprints and sepias
• Digitize documents from government agencies, utilities and developers