Book Scanning Made Easy with the Bookeye 4 V3 Kiosk Color Scanner
With this new member of the Bookeye family, Image Access placed an emphasis on developing a scanner which is compact, easy to operate and competitively priced; to bring high end professional scanning to an even larger population of users. The efficient Bookeye 4 V3 Kiosk Color Scanner digitizes source material such as bound documents at high speeds in up to 400 dpi optical resolution and formats up to DIN A3.
• Wireless Scanner Access for iPad or Android
• Foot Switch for Scanner
• 12 Month Full Coverage Warranty
Over 17 years of electronic, optical and mechanical engineering experience went into the creation and manufacture of the Bookeye 4 models. The clever mirror mechanism captures the document precisely from edge to edge, whether it is a flat document or a book open at an angle of 120 degrees.
The V-shaped book cradle was optimized to reduce the risk of damage to book spines and binding during digitization. The book cradle holds the open book at an angle of 120 degrees; enough to effectively scan the contents of a page, while gently preserving the original subject matter.
Bookeye 4 V3 has all the advantages of a more expensive standalone device. Outfitted with an integrated color touchscreen and monitor, Bookeye 4 V3 can reach unrivaled scanning speeds and process large volumes of data independent of any external peripheral devices – a typical feature of all Image Access scanners.
It takes approximately 1.1 seconds for the Bookeye 4 V3 to capture and process the images of two pages of a DIN A3 sized book scanned at 200 dpi optical resolution. Once the image is on the screen, modifications can be made to scan parameters such as brightness, color or contrast without having to rescan. Users operate the system intuitively, guided by clear and well structured menu commands on the touchscreen. Scanned images can be saved to a USB flash drive, sent via email, printed on a connected or network printer, or uploaded to an FTP Server or Cloud.
The Bookeye 4 V3 Kiosk Color Scanner’s solid build, innovative features and competitive pricing make it an ideal book copier for large groups of users; for example, in a university library. Some of the advantages of using a Bookeye 4 instead of a standard copier include the Bookeye’s built-in book cradle for gently handling bound materials, its speed and simplicity of operation, and the fact that the resulting digital images substantially reduce, and in most cases eliminate, the need to print scanned material.
• Color overhead scanner for A3+ formats
• 2.5 second DIN A3+ color scan at 300 dpi
• 400 x 400 dpi scanner resolution
• V-shaped book cradle 120 – 180 degrees
• Wireless scanner access for iPad or Android
• Foot switch for scanner
• Book Fold Correction – Scan bound documents without annoying shadows
• Automatic finger and thumb removal
• Automatic Crop & Deskew
• Integrated billing module
• Digital color balance
• Integrated ICC-profile
• Automatic white balance and black value
• Wide color gamut: supports sRGB, Adobe RGB, native RGB
• Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, Multipage PDF
• LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
• Large color WVGA touchscreen for simplified operation
• Virus resistant Linux operating system
• Network scanning via any web browser: i.e. IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
• Easy installation
• Remote maintenance and analysis
• Web based firmware updates
• Gentle, protective preservation of fragile, historic books and documents
• Scanning newspapers, periodicals, catalogs and magazines
• Digitizing files from file folders
• Digitizing bound and stapled documents like contracts, accounts and documentation
• Copy books, file folders, newspapers, magazines, catalogs and more